Monday, June 1, 2015

Moments of Contentment

Happy Monday! 



Can you believe that it's already June?! This year is really flying by! I'm excited for warmer temperatures. This week is just supposed to bring a ton of rain so far. So I went on a little walk earlier today while the sun was still shining. I've taken a hiatus from blogging and from photography as things have gotten busier with school, but I love these moments when I can just shoot for me. I started thinking about acceptance today. I know I have these goals and these things for which I am striving, but contentment is such an important thing to have. I can't live my life thinking that I would be happy if I could take excellent photos or if I was 50 lbs. lighter. I need to be content with where I am now and accept myself as I am now before I can approach change in a healthy way. What I had been doing thus far just turned me into my own harshest critic. I got down on myself each time I felt as though I was failing. If I learn contentment with where I am, I think it will help me to better appreciate even the smallest successes.

What about you? Are you struggling with contentment? Do you find yourself so focused on where you think you should be that you fail to celebrate where you are? Let's try something different, Missionettes. Are you with me?