Monday, December 22, 2014

Gooood Morning, Missionettes!

Can you believe 2014 is almost over?!?! 

I wanted to stop in this week to talk about a few changes to the blog. You'll notice a separate link has been added at the top of the blog. After some thought, I've decided to create a separate spot for my photography. So, if you're looking for a recent session, you can just click the photography link at the top of the page. Although working on photography was a big item on my 30 before 30 list, I can't help but feel like I'm straying a bit from the mission on this blog. I have a 365-day challenge coming up in 2015 and I don't want to flood the blog with those posts. That said, I would still love for you to follow along and give me feedback (and constructive criticism) on the photos you will begin to see there. As always, if you are interested in booking me for a session, you can email me at myonamission@gmail.com. I am working for donations now and do not have a set price list while I am developing my skill and style in photography.

I am also working on a more focused list of goals for 2015. I need to cross some things off of this list of mine. Speaking of the list, I have had quite a few of you tell me that you have been encouraged to either start a blog of your own or write down your own 30 before 30 list. That is such an encouragement to me! Definitely write it down and share your list of things with me. Let's be in this thing together!

We've come to the time of year where we're all looking at the future. I have all of the same goals from my 30 Before 30 list, but I have a few that I'd like to focus on for 2015. Development in photography is one of them, of course. You all have also seen my struggle when it comes to weight loss. I slack off easily and fail at the follow-through. I know everyone will be packing out the gym with their weight loss resolutions and I plan to be in that number. I want to still be hitting up the gym after the crowds thin out in February though. ;)

I also want to settle into a schedule for posting on this blog. Because I have the photo challenge coming up, I will be devoting a little more of my time there, but I think having set days to post will help take the pressure off of posting daily on this blog. It's always had to start over because so much time has passed. Looking toward the new year, my theme will be Consistency. If I can be consistent in the few things that I mentioned, I will absolutely see progress in the areas on which I'm focusing. New Year, New Me. It's coming. :) What are your New Year's goals/resolutions?