Sunday, October 19, 2014

[#12.] Finding the Perfect Red Lip

So call me an overachiever, but, by George, I think I've done it...twice!


Shekinah and Courtney, this post is for you.

From the moment I saw the commercial, I knew that these matte lip colors would be amazing. Both of these are from Maybelline's Color Sensational line. They are the Creamy Matte Lip colors. I found them at Kroger for about $5 each, but I imagine you can pick them up at any similar grocery store/convenience store in the makeup aisle. The difference between the colors is subtle, so I tried to accentuate the differences in the photos above. The color on the left (Siren in Scarlet #690) is a brighter red, while the one on the right (Divine Wine #695) has more of a red-violet tint to it. I love them both, though. They are smooth and the creamy texture feels great. The color is long-lasting too, which is hard to find! So so so happy I decided to try these out.



I guess this means that I'll be crossing off half of one of the items on my list. I am still working on an everyday makeup routine, but I think I have all of the elements I need. I just need more practice. How are you faring Missionettes? Have you tried any of the Creamy Matte Line? What's your go-to red lip color? Which of these two colors do you think looks better?