Thursday, October 2, 2014

[#1.] October Fitness Update

To say that I have been dreading this post would be an understatement. 


My weight has been fluctuating all last month because I've been inconsistent. I'm still back to where I started and still want to lose 20 lbs this month. Rather than having that beast of a goal looming over my head, I want to just take it one day at a time. I need to be active every day and get a handle on what I'm eating. The struggle is real. So far I've been doing well this month. I know, I know. It's only been two days, but I'm 2-for-2 :).

It is really important to me that I don't carry this weight with me into the new year. I have exactly 3 months left. Twelve weeks. That's the normal amount of time it takes to see a change if you are consistent. I've been carrying this weight around for years. I've been thinking a lot about what I would do once I meet the goal. I think that I'll treat myself to a shopping spree. I'll definitely need a change in wardrobe if I meet the goals I'd like to. Three months will also give me enough time to save up for it. Maybe this will motivate me to make some lasting changes.

In other news, there are some changes coming to the blog shortly. I'm still figuring out the commenting thing, but I have added a feature on the right that will allow you to follow along by email. That way, you don't miss a post. :) Please let me know if you have any trouble with this. During this period of transition, I want to make sure that everything works.

Anyway, knowing that there are 3 months left in the year, any plans for your own weight loss? What steps do you have in place to make sure you are consistent. Aside from a recommitment to post everyday, I'm writing down my mileage on my calendar. What kind of health goals have you set? What are you using as a reward for when your goals are met?

P.S. I think the watermark is kind of growing on me...




1 comment:

  1. You go girl, get this fitness! Your ambition is inspiring because a cousin of mine runs a crossfit studio and I always think I'd be more on track with my fitness if I had a motivator like him, but you motivate yourself, which is no easy thing. Maybe I need to decide on some kind of incentive. I didn't realize there are only 12 weeks left to 2014, and so it's getting even closer to me coming home from school. Wow! I'm going to keep at this gym thing out here, so you keep on keepin on, too!
    And I agree on the watermark ;)

    ReplyDelete