Saturday, October 18, 2014

Visiting Peaks of Otter, Hiking up Sharp Top Mountain


A while back I posted about my Lynchburgers List, the list of things I want to do before leaving the city. Today, I got a chance to cross one of those things off my list. I didn't take as many photos as I had intended because I had to fight my way to the top. With an elevation of 3,875 feet, I felt like I was climbing straight up instead of winding the trails like we actually did!

I recruited Essence, one of my girls from college, and we made the drive to Bedford. We started off by wandering around Abbott Lake.
























What is it the kids say these days? Oh yeah! Hashtag No Filter. I love this season! 


After taking a couple of shots, we wandered through the trails to actually get to the top of this beast.

 This was a little bit of a tease of the view from the top:


And this is what it looks like that moment before you realize you're only halfway there:


Oh, but the views from the top were soooo worth it!
The lake down there. Yeah. That's where we started...






 Ignore the sweat stains. I told y'all this is hard work!


 It took me a minute to build up the courage to stand. The winds up there had you feeling like they could just carry you away..


But I did it!


This one just looks like a natural up there...



However, NO ONE was as brave as these three. Hats off to you, whoever you are...



So that was my day. I'm exhausted and sore, but we made it aaand I got some pretty nice shots of the day. If you are able to make it this way to visit, I would definitely recommend it. Of course a HUGE HUGE shoutout goes out to Essence, who listened to me complain and encouraged me along the way. Without you, I never would have made it. It felt really good to be able to cross something off one of my lists.

I want to see and do it all in Lynchburg before B and I make any major moves. I'm still welcoming any suggestions you have for additions to the Lynchburgers List. I know you guys have already scoped out some other fun things to do. Let me hear them!