Sunday, October 26, 2014

Big Thangs Poppin

This post is going to be a bit of a let down after all of the anticipation I built up earlier in the week. Oops!


But, I included this photo as a sidebar in the meantime! Does that make up for it? Yeah, I didn't think so! I shot this in a local shop called Pastiche At Main. So many cute things to buy there. You will find mostly home decor items, but there are some adorable baby items, clothing, and shoes to look through as well. Definitely check it out if you are local to Lynchburg. I wanted to post this photo on the blog because I was surprised to see these chalkboard signs on sale here. I posted here about how to turn a mirror into a chalkboard. These chalkboard signs were on sale for about $15. The can of chalkboard paint I used was $10 and it lasts a long time. Believe it or not, these trays are from the dollar store. That's right! I've seen them there several times. This means, you can make this yourself! You're on your own as far as the lettering is concerned. I'm still trying to figure that one out on my end, but I'll post an update on my chalkboard once I get my lettering up to par.

So the big news I was alluding to earlier this week was that I got a chance to shoot my first event as a photographer yesterday! I was a second shooter for my friend Nick George at Date of Dunbar photography. So much fun. I was sooo nervous at first, but ended up having a great time once I found my groove. It was my first shoot ever after owning a DSLR for six months so I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes; but, I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and agreed to do it. Thank you, Nick, for taking a chance on me! Missionettes, I will have the photos for you as soon as I can! I'm just waiting on the okay from the client before I share more details. Stay tuned!


P.S. Oh hey, Missionettes, after the event yesterday, I'm also thinking about getting some business cards for this blog. Although I blog for fun and don't consider this a business, it would be cool to be able to invite the people I meet to read the blog too. What do you think? Is it weird to have business cards if you don't have a business?