Thursday, September 4, 2014

#5 Go out for a night of dancing with my husband [learn to dance]


When I say this song has been in heavy rotation for me, it is no exaggeration. 
Go on, watch the video. You know you want to!


See what I mean? There is something about dancing that is so freeing and fun. I remember sitting as a guest at quite a few wedding receptions and wishing I had the confidence to just get out there and dance. Just listening to the song without the video, you can tell Whitney had fun with this one! So for this item on my list there are a few things at play. 

First [and probably most obvious], I can't dance. Yes, I know I'm black. Moving on. The way I see it, dancing has a lot to do with confidence. It's about having fun and not being concerned with looking ridiculous. That's the part that keeps me glued to my seat in public. I can rock an electric slide though! ;)

The other hurdle to overcome is my someone who loves me. My husband has no interest in dancing. Part of me wonders if he feels the same way I do -- loves music but just doesn't know how to move. Some of you witnessed a different side of B at our wedding. He assures me that it was the first and last time anyone will see him like that. -_- I'm not giving up on this one though. Four years is a long time -- long enough to change his mind. Hey, a girl can hope, right?


P.S. If you haven't noticed, I'm skipping around a bit in the list. *shrugs* I do what I want. :)


2 comments:

  1. You know what's funny? I've been Netflixing ('Netflixing' should be an acceptable verb by now) Everybody Loves Raymond for the past couple of months and when I saw the episode early in the series where Ray dances in the living room with Debra (pretty sure it's the same episode where he feels insecure and gets a makeover), it reminded me of your hubby. Don't ask why, it just did. And now reading this blog post, it reminds me of the ELR episode where they flashback to Ray and Debra's wedding and we see that Ray was only happy ONCE in his life, and that was on their wedding day (He was so happy Debra even thought he was drunk. Adorable!). And so I really hope this dancing thing happens for you! My personal life philosophy is, if it happened on Raymond, it can happen anywhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha You know how we feel about Everybody Loves Raymond over here! BUT as much as we have watched in the past, I've never heard anyone refer to it as ELR. I'm still keeping hope alive for this goal too. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete