Thursday, September 18, 2014

Unexpected Hiatus

WARNING: This is going to be a wordy post to get you up to date. If you're new here and want to start from the beginning, click here!

Hey, I'm still here! Sorry for the unexpected hiatus. I've been feeling under the weather and needed to get caught up with homework before I got caught up here. Man, starting over is hard to do! I fell off in a major way!

Of course, once I got sick, all I wanted was comfort food aaand, really, who wants to work out when they're sick??? [...Actually I knew this one guy in undergrad who would go for a run whenever he got a cold. Seemed to work okay for him!]

While I have been away, I have had several people text, email, or just ask me in person about my hiatus from blogging. Thanks for keeping me on track. I gotta stay committed to the mission. 

There are a couple of things that I do want to make clear:

This is not a weight loss blog. Once this goal is met, I will move on to the next goal. This blog is more about learning about myself, building confidence, and following through on the things I've spent far too much time just talking about. I think a lot of women my age [and some guys too] have goals that they would like to meet or bad habits they would like to overcome. For a lot of the women I've talked to weight or confidence are big issues. Some people are just learning a new skill or hobby. This blog is about all of that. It's about learning, growing, and enjoying the journey. 

Right about now, it is time for an update. I mentioned earlier that I fell off in a major way. Yeah, I'm pretty much back where I started. I posted my starting weight here in case you missed it. I weigh much more than I should at my height [5'2"]. To put things in perspective, I now weigh what I should when I'm pregnant full term. Aaand because some of you will read into this what you want: I am not pregnant. Gotta make sure I make that clear.

Even though I started off strong this month, I got lazy and gained it back. This cycle is getting old. Can anyone out there relate to #thestruggle? I thought so. :) So, I am postponing my goal of losing 20 lbs this month. I'm gonna go ahead and make that the goal for October. For September, I just want to finish strong. I'll make a baby step of dropping 10 lbs. by September 30. I went running again for the first time in a while last night and it was rough. I did two miles, alternating walking with running. I used my handy dandy Couch To 5K app. If you haven't already checked it out, you definitely should!

Because this isn't a weight loss blog, we'll move on over to our other updates. I'm still working on updating the blog with a home tour [apartment tour?]. I've been compiling a list of projects I'd like to complete around the apartment so I can update you. I also need to update the pictures I took. For real, for real. ;)

The eyebrows are still looking decent. I've been plucking the stragglers and think I can get another two weeks out of my stylist's work. Yeah, I'll call her a stylist since I haven't been able to pull it off on my own yet. I heard about this NADS facial wand from a commercial. Have any of you tried that? It makes doing your own eyebrows look super easy...I'm suspicious. Anyway, I will be trying it once my eyebrows return to that unruly state. I'll post a review the results when I can!



What else? What else? Oh! Perhaps this isn't as exciting for you as it is for me, but one of my coworkers offered to create a banner and logo for me to use. This will be debuting on the blog as soon as I can figure out how to add them on here shortly :). I hope to have this done this weekend along with some decor projects I've been working on, so stay tuned!



1 comment:

  1. Keep on keepin' on, My! It's good to hear from you again :)

    ReplyDelete