Monday, September 8, 2014

Just Checking In...

Hey, sorry that I was MIA this weekend. I wanted to check in and let you all know that I'm still here! I've got to start with a heartfelt Thank You to all of you who have been following along. It means a lot to me that you have taken time out of your day to stop by and read through my ramblings. Also a big shoutout to Lillian who was the first to comment on the blog. It gets a little lonely in here talking to the walls haha. 

Before I go any further into this blog, I want to make a few comments about the feedback I've been getting from you guys. Please don't think that the fact that I have started a blog means that I have it all together. If you've been reading along, you realize that the theme of this thing is all about figuring it out. This is why I am loving your feedback. Some of you have emailed or text me or even told me in person that you like the idea of the list and that the conversational style of the blog, which I am happy about since that is what I was going for. Some of you have also reached out to me about being workout buddies. I'm all for accountability!

However, some of you have given me some feedback that causes me to think about the need for further clarification here. Although I have a long list of goals that I've published here on the blog, there are other things that I have set in my heart as goals that I won't include as part of this list. These are things such as growing in my walk with Christ and learning to love my husband in the way that I should -- consistently and unconditionally. These are things that I will talk about on the blog because I don't mind being transparent, but they are not on the list because they can be so abstract. I've even decided to remove that bit about memorizing a book of the Bible. After some thought, I don't believe these things are the types of things that should be checked off as done. 

I'll be making some changes to the list here shortly and updating you with a few posts, but I'm trying to finalize this list first so that I don't mess up the numbering. I plan to have this done and have a new post up for you by tomorrow. I'll check in with you guys then!